We love to snack in our house. We have a morning snack and an afternoon snack in addition to breakfast (sometimes), lunch and dinner. But I’m very careful about actually buying snacks because we would eat them within 2 days. I eat Goldfish daily. I eat them while I’m making dinner. It’s a horrible, horrible addiction.
When we had our Memorial Day party, we bought Chex Mix. Well we didn’t eat all of them so we were left with a bag of Chex Mix! We took it to the pool and then ate it for a snack the next day. And then they were gone.
I remembered seeing homemade Chex Mix on Pinterest a while ago and kept meaning to make it. So after inhaling the real thing, I took back to Pinterest to try it out. But I changed it up a little bit and used some of our favorite salty snacks: Bugles, pretzels, bagel chips and peanuts. I made it in the crock pot, because, easy.
We threw it into a container from The Dollar Tree and it was one of our snacks for the car ride for vacation.
Dylan actually really, really loves it.
1 cup unsalted peanuts
1 7.2oz bag plain bagel chips, crushed
1/2 bag of pretzels (6 oz total)
1/3 cup (6 tablespoons) melted butter
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Pour all snacks into a crock pot.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter.
3. Add seasoned salt, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk until combined.
4. Pour over snacks in crock pot.
5. Sprinkle cheese over mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Let cook on low for 3 hours—stirring every hour.
7. Lay snack out on parchment paper on the counter until it has reached room temperature.
8. Store in an air tight container.