Yay – you’re pregnant! Some of the best things I did when I found out I was pregnant was read funny pregnancy books. The science based ones are great for information, but the funny pregnancy books really put my mind at ease.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I like humor. People always ask me “how do you handle 4 kids without going insane?” And honestly, my answer is “I can laugh about it.” My husband and I still laugh about the fact that we had twins as our third pregnancy. It’s either that or just cry!
I found the funny pregnancy books to be much more entertaining and honestly helpful! The books that made me smile were the most interesting to me and I was more likely to pay attention. I retained the information so much better this way. And for some people (me included) pregnancy can be painful and just downright miserable. Laughter is a great coping mechanism!
Top rated funny pregnancy books
- Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy – First off, I have to be honest. I am not a huge fan of Jenny McCarthy, but this book was pretty funny. She tells some funny pregnancy and labor stories and it’s refreshing!
- The Big Fat Activity Book for Pregnant People by Jordan Reid – This is another top rated funny pregnancy book on Amazon. It’s an activity book that will help take the fear out of pregnancy and childbirth.
- The Baby Owner’s Manual by Joe & Louis Borgenicht – Using drawings and funny step by step instructions, this one takes you through all the frequently asked questions about having a newborn baby.
- The Girlfriend’s Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine – This was one of the first books I read about pregnancy. It’s an honest account of pregnancy! It’s like sitting down and talking to some of your closest friends.
- Cat and Nat’s Mom Truths by Catherine Belknap and Natalie Telfer – Written by the popular social media duo Cat and Nat, this book is all about embarrassing stories about pregnancy and motherhood. If you like this duo. you’ll love this book.