It’s Tuesday night. Everyone walks in the door and you have 43 minutes to get dressed, eat dinner, and get back out the door. HOW? Here is a great list of meals on the go to help you when chaos is running your evening.
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
It’s fall, and that means bring on the crazy schedules. I have 4 kids and only 1 is currently in any activities and honestly, it’s already insane 2 nights a week. We oftentimes have to pick an easy dinner that can be made quickly. We are lucky enough that I stay home and can do that. However, lots of families in my meal planning group aren’t that lucky! Some have been asking for some meals on the go so I thought I’d put some together for you.
Your goal for meals on the go is to get the most protein possible in the smallest package. You want these dinners to fill everyone up, but not have to eat a ton to do so.
To start, I want to share some products for meals on the go. These meal containers are fantastic! Perfectly portioned and 3 little sections. They can go in the microwave, freezer and dishwasher. We also love these straw cups. We use them for our 1 year old twin boys. So they get tossed around and they do not leak! They are super easy to clean, too. You may also want to grab an easy garbage bag/can as well.
Now, let’s get down to business, shall we?!
Meals on the go
- Sandwiches: of any kind! Pressed sandwiches are perfect for this because they’re all squished and will stay together in the car.
- Hand pies/calzones
- Pancakes or waffles with sausage or bacon inside of them
- Fruit/meat/cheese/crackers in the boxes I linked above – make your own Lunchable!
- Salads in a jar or box – check out this salad to go box! It even has a place for a fork.
- Skewers – grill them up over the weekend and then pop them in the microwave before you head out the door.
- Hashbrown muffins – check out this post for a few recipes.
- Breakfast Quesadillas – These are exactly as they sound. Cheese, bacon and eggs cooked inside a tortilla like a quesadilla.
- Overnight oats – Oatmeal that gets put together at night and then you can pop it in the microwave before you eat it or you can eat it cold.
- Smoothies – These are super simple and you can add protein powder to beef them up. Serve protein bars or granola bars on the side.
Did I miss anything? Tell me in the comments what your favorite on the go meals are!