Toddlers need activity. They are not built to sit still. That’s why it’s good to have a list handy of easy activities for toddlers for days when you can’t get out of the house or just don’t want to!
We’ve all been there – rainy days, days you feel lazy, days your toddler doesn’t feel like getting dressed and you don’t feel like fighting with her. For these types of days, it’s nice to have some things on hand for you to do at home so you don’t have to worry about getting out the door!
When I was pregnant with my twins, most days when I was home alone with the kids, going anywhere was impossible. I could not leave the house. Having a list and ideas of easy activities was awesome for my older 2 kids.
How do I entertain my toddler at home?
Besides sitting them in front of the tv, (which, by the way, doesn’t have to be awful), there are lots of easy activities for toddlers!
Easy Activities for Toddlers
- 2 Ingredient moon sand – All you need is flour and baby oil for this fun moon sand!
- Pom pom activities – Grab a bag of pom poms from Amazon and have at it! Sorting, grouping, art projects, etc.
- Painters tape activities – A roll of painters tape can have so many different activities!
- Paper tunnels – Have a kid who loves cars? Create these easy tunnels with paper so they can run their cars through them!
- Scissor skills – Here is a worksheet you can use to practice scissor skills. With supervision, of course!
- Animal Action Dice – This animal action dice can be printed out and taped together and you have an instant activity!
- Sidewalk chalk games – These sidewalk chalk games are so easy and all you need is some chalk.
- 50 household items you can use to paint – You probably have all 50 in your house already!
- Ice cube painting – Super easy way to freeze water and use it to paint!
- Dinosaur ice fossils – Just freeze some dino toys in some water and you can become an archaeologist.
- Foam and water – All you need for this is foam sheets, water and a glass door.
If you do some of these activities, head over to Instagram and give me tag! @mostlyundercontrol