Cleaning – does anyone actually enjoy it? I absolutely do not. So I decided to compile a list of lazy mom cleaning hacks for you. Check it out, and print it so you can have it on hand when you feel like you should probably tidy up a bit.
(This post contains one or more affiliate links)
I am lazy. AF. During the day, the last thing on my list is cleaning. I’d like to say it’s because I spend so much time with my children that I just can’t bother with it. Truth is, I just hate it. I do the necessary things – sweep the floor when things are getting stuck to my feet, vacuum under the kitchen table when Reagan can muster an entire meal from the “crumbs” (I miss my dog), laundry when Dylan has to break into his whitey tighties, clean the toilet when….I’ll spare you the rest of that one.
I do have a few cleaning hacks that I use so I reached out to my Facebook group of moms and asked what their hacks are. Because let’s be honest – we all have at least one. AT LEAST!
I compiled them for you in a nice little list (you can print it out at the end, too.)
Cleaning Hacks to Keep Life Mostly Under Control
(You see what I did there?)
- Sprinkle baking soda in the garbage can (and diaper pail) before putting in the new garbage bag, but after you take the full one out.
- Essential oils in the air filter for your house to drown out the smell of stinky kiddos/animals.
- Put the toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet bowl before cleaning anything. Do your other cleaning, them come back and do the toilet. It has sat there for so long that it has already done most of the cleaning for you. So much less scrubbing.
- Baby wipes. You’d be amazed at how well they clean.
- Take a bath with baking soda – good for you, good for the bathtub.
- Fill one of these bad boys with 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 dish soap. Keep it in the shower and clean the shower while you’re showering. Mind. Blown.
- Clean your bathroom mirror and/or counter while you’re brushing your teeth or swishing with mouthwash.
- Dryer sheets on the back of a fan to bring a fresh scent into the room.
- After cooking something in the microwave with water, wipe away the grime and caked on food with a cloth right after you take out the food. The steam from cooking the food helps loosen up the yuck.
- And the obvious – cleaning lady! Treat yourself!
Download and print the list here.
Are you looking for laundry specific hacks? Check out Keri’s post about Life Without Laundry.
Happy “cleaning!” 😉