Breakfast can be stressful – especially if you are a family that is always on the go. Breakfast bites are a great idea for a quick breakfast. They’re also known as oatmeal bites because they are just that – little bites of flavored oatmeal!
It took me a while to start enjoying oatmeal. When I had gestational diabetes, it was one of my go to breakfasts. It had a good amount of carbs in it and also kept me full. I started to get really bored with the flavor combos I was using all the time, though! I looked into making breakfast bites (or oatmeal bites) to get a little bit crazier. I was really enjoying playing with all the flavors!
These breakfast bites are great for breakfast or snacks. They’re really fun because you can experiment with so many flavors.
Are protein bites good for you?
Yes! These oatmeal bites are packed with oatmeal (and sometimes peanut butter) which helps keep you fuller, longer. I would keep them in a big zip top bag in the fridge and grab one when I was feeling bored (I’m an eater when I’m bored) or a little hungry.
How long do breakfast bites last in the fridge?
It depends on the ingredients, but typically they last about a week in a zip top bag in the fridge.
Breakfast bites recipes
- Oatmeal energy balls (5 mins) by The Worktop
- No bake monster cookie oatmeal energy balls (5 mins) by Princess Pinky Girl
- No bake energy bites (15 mins) by Home and Plate
- Chocolate no bake energy bites (15 mins) by The Kitchen Girl
- No bake carrot cake energy bites (10 mins) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple cinnamon cookie energy bites (15 mins) by Kristine’s Kitchen Blog
- No bake oatmeal raisin cookie energy balls (5 mins) by A Mindfull mom
- No bake chocolate peppermint protein balls (5 mins) by Veggies Don’t Bite
- Fig and cranberry no bake energy bites (10 mins) by Bowl Me Over
- Almond date energy balls (10 mins) by Wonky Wonderful
If you’re looking for even more recipe ideas, head over to my Facebook group!
2 thoughts on “Breakfast Bites”
All of these sound amazing Melanie! Thanks for including my protein bites!
No problem – peppermint and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combos!