Don’t let brussel sprouts scare you! There are so many different ways to cook brussel sprouts. Here are a few options.
Brussels sprouts are basically tiny little heads of cabbage. So they’re a great base for tons of other flavors. They also are very high in vitamin C! They are a good vegetable that take in the flavors of whatever you use to cook them.
I don’t know why, but as a kid, I was always so afraid of brussel sprouts and asparagus. It’s like we were all conditioned as kids to not enjoy them! Brussel sprouts are one of my favorites now and we make them weekly. I am a meal planner, and these veggies always make their way into the meal plan.
My 2 secrets to getting my kids to eat them are this: 1, I cook them in bacon grease and 2, I tell my kids that they will make them fart. I’m not above a little potty humor if it means my kids will eat their vegetables.
My favorite way to cook brussel sprouts is super simple – slice them in half and mix them with bacon grease and roast them at 450 degrees until your desired doneness.
Main Dishes to Serve with Brussel Sprouts
Brussel sprouts are a great side dish for any protein! I love to serve them with pork chops. Brussel sprouts are also a great side dish for a holiday dinner. My sister always brings a pan of them for Thanksgiving.
How do you peel brussel sprouts?
Slice off the bottom end of your brussel sprouts. Place them all into a bowl. Then, grab a larger bowl and place it over top. Shake them all up to make the peels lose! Discard the outer leaves.
I’ve gathered some other favorite ways to cook brussel sprouts for you!
Brussel Sprouts recipes
- Oven roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic glaze from A MindFULL Mom (45 minutes)
- Sauteed brussel sprouts from Bowl Me Over (15 minutes)
- Sauteed brussel sprouts with bacon from A Dash of Megnut (15 minutes)
- Oven roasted parmesan brussel sprouts from Together as a Family (25 minutes)
- Crispy garlic sauteed brussel sprouts from Rasamalaysia (15 minutes)
- Brussel sprouts carmelized with honey and dijon from The Hungry Blue Bird (25 minutes)