D loves blueberries, but goes through stages. Sometimes I can’t keep them in the house and sometimes they go bad quickly. So I had some blueberries that were going to go bad…aaaaaaand enter Pinterest. I wanted something breakfast-y because my husband is always looking for new breakfast ideas. I found this recipe for blueberry bread and went to town. Let me tell you, it was delicious. It never got dry, which is huge because I feel like every time I make baked goods, they get super dry a few days in even if I wrap them up.
*1 cup white sugar
*1/2 cup salted butter (I had regular butter so I added about 1/4 tsp of salt)
*1 cup milk
*2 cups flour
*2 tsp baking powder
*2 cups blueberries
**Note: She gives a tip to reserve a small handful of blueberries to press gently into the top after you pour the batter into the loaf pan. She doesn’t say this until after the recipe is done, so I thought I would add it here, because when I saw it, it was too late.
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
3. Cream together butter and sugar.
4. Add eggs and milk, beating well.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Add the blueberries and mix by hand with a spatula GENTLY until all combined.
7. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 60-75 minutes.
8. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool more.
I didn’t have the full 2 cups of blueberries, but it was still DELICIOUS!