Like I’ve said in most of my recipe posts so far, I hardly ever follow recipes. I like to change them up and make them my own. With that being said, this is the inspiration for this recipe.
A little bit ago, I threw a bag of frozen chicken breasts into the crock pot and put them on low (because I read somewhere that frozen meat in the crock pot should be on low) for about 4 hours. When they were done, I shredded them up and portioned it into .5 lb bags and threw them in the freezer. I saw the above recipe and thought I would substitute the beef with chicken.
*4 flaky biscuits, uncooked (I took 4 from a pack of 8 and put the other 4 in a bag to bake up the next day – done)
*1/2 pound of shredded chicken (Mine was thawed)
*1/2 – 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (we love Sweet Baby Ray’s regular or sweet BBQ sauce)
*1-1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Take the 4 biscuits and lay them into a greased 8×8 baking pan. Press them out and pinch together the edges.
2. When the oven is ready, put the biscuits into the oven for about 7-10 minutes – just to get the biscuits a little brown on top.
3. While they’re in the oven, mix together the bbq sauce and chicken in a bowl. Use enough bbq sauce to coat the chicken. I say 1/2 cup – 1 cup because it depends on how shredded your chicken is.
4. Lay the chicken out onto the biscuit layer when it comes out of the oven.
5. Spread the cheese out over the chicken.
6. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes – when your cheese is nice and bubbly.
This was a little difficult to cut, but it was pretty good and very very easy. Look at all that baked cheese goodness!